Friday 16 October 2009



In my own spot I spend all my days,

from my own view I learn knew ways.

I yearn to venture like the travelers passing

A silent watcher I am destined

For forever I am silent

 

No need for sleep, I never tire

The sun gives me health and power

My many friends live on my limbs

Cold, hot, wet or dry

They come and go with the season’s whims

 

The worst of the seasons is winter

Definitely a lonely few months for me, very bitter

No other of my kind in sight

I wish almost every night

A little trunk will be brave enough to sprout

 

A friend beside me would help pass all my time

All this knowledge ive gained is worth much more

When shared and not hidden, lost with me

After I am gone, back to the dust of the earth

Oh the importance of a friend and knowledge. 


This is a poem we were required to write in one of our classes.  It had to be about nature, I am no poet for sure, but this is what I came up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment